Halloween Drink: Dark & Stormy Death Punch
Happy Halloween from Dudes News! We’ve got a special holiday drink receipe college students and adults may enjoy on this Halloween! Check out the Dark and Stormy Death Punch provided to us by delish.com. Hope you enjoy this deadly coctail!
- 1 can(s) (20-ounce) lychees in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 16 brandied cherries
- 1/4 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 12 ounce(s) dark rum
- 3 bottle(s) (12 ounces each) ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the lychee syrup and ginger to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stuff 16 lychees with brandied cherries. Set each lychee in the cup of a mini muffin pan or in an ice cube tray. Strain the lychee-ginger syrup and pour it over the lychees. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a pitcher, stir the sugar into the lime juice until dissolved. Add the rum and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Unmold the lychee ice cubes into a small punch bowl. Pour in the lime-rum mixture. Add the ginger beer, stir gently, and serve in ice-filled glasses.